There was a notable shift yesterday. The weather may still feel like summer, but essence of fall is so close we can taste it. I mean, if you go to Starbucks, and pumpkin spice lattes are your jam, you can literally taste fall. In a cup. Right on time. So yeah…taste fall all you want.
I’m going to leave the pumpkin flavored things to you, but I think it’s time for a trip to the office supply store. Yes, that’s how I celebrate fall you guys. You have pumpkin flavors. I have perfect new pens. And pencils. Because of course there’d be pencils.
Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms. ~Joe Fox (Tom Hanks) “You’ve Got Mail“
My kids have been back at school for several weeks, but the day after Labor Day is the signal that most of our summer playtime is over and it’s time for a fresh start into fall. Which…is bittersweet, really. I miss the days of no homework. But the fresh start of fall and new beginnings just feels so right.
After a morning (and a last week) that knocked me down a little, I got a little excited about all of my favorite fall things. So while one of my kids and I were sitting in the car yesterday (waiting for the other kid to get out of practice) we made a list of fall things we’re excited about. Some items on this list are totally hers. I’m sure you can guess which ones:
- Pumpkin things. BUT NOT FOR US. We just put this on the list for all of you. We’re givers like that.
- Office supplies. Because of course. (That’s for me.)
- Leaves on the ground. No explanation needed.
- Pretending that campfires are still a thing. (It is so cozy to bundle up in sweatshirts and sit around the fire pit roasting the ‘mallows.)
- Halloween. Because, duh.
- Baked things. I mean, I don’t really bake. But I love when y’all do.
- Leggings + college sweatshirts. (I’m sure you can imagine this wasn’t my contribution.)
- Trips to the coast. I love LOVE going to the coast in the fall. IT IS MY FAVORITE THE END.
- Football. FOOTBALL YOU GUYS. Cozy football weekends and OMG Football Food!
- Baseball (and hockey) too. Be serious.
- THANKSGIVING. I don’t think I need to explain this to you either.
- Caramel things. ALL THE CARAMEL THINGS.
- Apple Hill. I mean…there are caramel apples (all the caramel things, you guys) to eat and apple cider and hey, let’s make jam. (Okay, Sarah makes jam. I just eat the jam.)
- Boots and light scarves. This is my favorite. I can wear boots and scarves all the live long day.
What about you guys?? What are you favorite things about fall?